The difference between India and China
while discussing this topic with most folks here (Holland), I have always ranted and raved on the fact that we are a democarcy with freedom of speech, expression and religion...and now..poooff! i read this
The govt. of India has banned blogging because it feels that blogs are used to spread communal unrest and create anti-nationalistic feelings....how stupid is that? It is curbing the freedom of speech of people....and that is just WRONG on a fundamental level...I am distraught at this, because I think that after the reservations drama (which still has little scope of argument), but this takes it to the next level...
so what happens now..people like me winge and moan..and then...nothing..life goes on!!! and we lose another battle in the bigger war (remember that when you vote for Congress the next time)
I am surprised that this has not yet been challenged at the supreme court...if it goes there, Ill be glad to contribute money to that campaign..
and now..i revert to my "comfortable" life far away from India...i have winged and moaned..i have done nothing....and i shall continue with my existence....not caring about the loss of a fundamental right in a country to which I belong but no longer live in...and non-chalance continues!!!
Jai Hind
aSh
The govt. of India has banned blogging because it feels that blogs are used to spread communal unrest and create anti-nationalistic feelings....how stupid is that? It is curbing the freedom of speech of people....and that is just WRONG on a fundamental level...I am distraught at this, because I think that after the reservations drama (which still has little scope of argument), but this takes it to the next level...
so what happens now..people like me winge and moan..and then...nothing..life goes on!!! and we lose another battle in the bigger war (remember that when you vote for Congress the next time)
I am surprised that this has not yet been challenged at the supreme court...if it goes there, Ill be glad to contribute money to that campaign..
and now..i revert to my "comfortable" life far away from India...i have winged and moaned..i have done nothing....and i shall continue with my existence....not caring about the loss of a fundamental right in a country to which I belong but no longer live in...and non-chalance continues!!!
Jai Hind
aSh

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home