Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Final Nail in the coffin

VISTA GOODBYE! Yes, I was one of those idiots who tried to be at the forefront of technology and went and BOUGHT (yes paid $$$) the new VISTA system for my exiting laptop (with 1GB RAM). The result, was 8 months of agony and slowness of my computer. In the final straw, I tried to restore XP on my computer, but there were other "WINDOWS ISSUES". The end result, I kicked VISTA out and installed UBUNTU (already running on my other older laptop with great results). Since, I might still unfortunately need EXCEL sometimes, I installed VMWARE player to emulate XP and the deed is done. I am now truly a free spirit, using UBUNTU and for those of you thinking of shifting to VISTA - DONT, UNLESS you have 4GB of RAM and a really fast VIDEO CARD.

And if someone from MICRoSOFT is reading this, please take this as user feedback! :)

Cheers,
Ash

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home